Guardian Air QR+
The Guardian Air QR+ is an in-duct air purifier capable of purifying every cubic inch of air that your central heating and air conditioning system reaches. Proven to eliminate bacteria, viruses, mold and VOCs, the Guardian QR+ is also very effective at reducing unwanted odors from cooking, cleaning chemicals, pet areas, smoke and musty air. Say goodbye to smelly, stuffy, musty rooms and hello to fresh, clean, pure air throughout your home or office building.
|Item #||CFM’s||Electrical||Dimensions||Ship Weight|
|QRP-5||300 – 1,200 CFM||0.47 Amps, 11 Watts||5” Probe / 5.5” Dia. Plate||3 lbs.|
|QRP-9||1,000 – 6,500 CFM||0.6 Amps, 14 Watts||9” Probe / 5.5” Dia. Plate||3 lbs.|
|QRP-14||10,000 – 18,000 CFM||0.7 Amps, 17 Watts||14” Probe / 5.5” Dia. Plate||4 lbs.|
- Features & Benefits
- Technical Specs
The Guardian Air QR+ utilizes RGF’s patented PHI-Cell® technology and is easily mounted onto your existing air conditioning and heating system air ducts. When the HVAC system is in operation, the Guardian QR+ creates an advanced oxidation plasma (AOP) that is distributed through the duct system into the conditioning living space. Unlike passive air technologies, which need pollutants to pass through the unit for purification or filtration, the Guardian QR+ sweeps through your home actively purifying pollutants at the source. The advanced oxidation plasma consists of hydro-peroxides, oxide ions and hydroxide ions. All are friendly oxidizers that are found in nature’s process of cleaning the outdoor air and are safe for humans and animals alike.
Note: The Guardian QR+ is an air purifier and not a filter. It does not reduce particulate matter like dust. For an air purifier with added particulate reduction and that is even more effective at removing allergens, you’ll want to have a look at the REME HALO®.
• Available in three sizes (5”, 9”, 14”) to accommodate blower sizes from 300-18,000 CFM
• Reduces bacteria, mold, viruses and odors
• Unlike portable units that are limited to the room in which they are placed, the Guardian QR+ provides whole home and building purification.
• Easily integrated with your existing HVAC system, the unit doesn’t take away living space and operates silently.
• PHI can reduce sneeze germs by 99% by the time the sneeze has reached three feet.
• Low maintenance: No costly filter changes, all you need is a PHI-Cell® replacement every 2 years and only takes 5 minutes.
• The Guardian QR+ has a quick-release feature for easy, no tool cell replacement. Note: It is recommended these units be installed by a licensed electrician or HVAC contractor.
• U.S. Military approved for mold reduction in field hospitals.
• U.S. and International Hospital approval for the fight against infectious disease: 99% reduction of Staph (MRSA)
• Major U.S. city school reports 20% reduction in absenteeism
• Tested and approved by the Chinese government for protection against the deadly SARS virus.
• Approved by the USDA, FSIS, and FDA for use in food processing plants. Employed to reduce microbial contamination of food being processed.
• Cruise lines use it as a safety measure against Norwalk Virus outbreaks.
|CFM’s||300 – 1,200 CFM||1,000 – 6,500 CFM||10,000 – 18,000 CFM|
|Dimensions||5” Probe / 6” Dia. Plate||9” Probe / 6” Dia. Plate||14” Probe / 6” Dia. Plate|
|Electrical||0.47 Amps, 11 Watts||0.6 Amps, 14 Watts||0.7 Amps, 17 Watts|
|Ship Wt.||3 lbs.||3 lbs.||4 lbs.|
|Recommended Cell Replacement||18,000 – 25,000 hrs.|
|Replacement Cell Part #||QRP-5 = PHIC-QR5||QRP-9 = PHIC-QR9||QRP-14 = PHIC-QR14|
|Tonnage||3 to 20 tons|
|CFM’s||300 – 18,000 CFM|
|Material||Aluminum / polymers|
|Warranty||5 years ballast / 2 years cell (U.S. only)|
Certifications & Awards
UL 1598:2008 (3rd Edition)
CAN/CSA C22.2 No. 250.0:2008