FLUSH – CVF – Cylindrical Vertical Fiberglass Oil Water Separator
Cylindrical above, below and flush with grade separators are used when large volume oil storage is not required. A rotary pipe skimmer is used to constantly or periodically draw off separated oil for removal. CVF Series separators can also be configured to hold up to 100 gallons of internal oil storage. Flow rates from 5-100 gpm.
- Features & Benefits
The CVF SERIES removes hydrocarbons and settleable solids from industrial wastewater and coolant.
In operation, this separator accepts industrial liquid waste in the inlet chamber. Here settleable solids fall to the bottom as sludge for periodic removal.
Then the waste stream enters the coalescing separation chamber. A matrix of vertically-postioned polypropylene tubes gives laminar flow characteristics to the liquid. The result is a liquid more responsive to gravity separation.
The tubes also provide a coalescing medium. Oleophilic in nature, they attract small oil globules which coalesce with other globules, increase in size and buoyancy, then break away to rise through the tubes to the top. Surface oil drains by gravity into a rotary pipe skimmer for discharge to a storage facility.
Performance that can be expected of the CVF SERIES separator is:
1. Removal of oil globules down to 20-micron size
2. Reduction of oil content to 10mg/ltr
The CVF removes even non-permanent mechanically emulsified oil. It leaves no visible sheen and traps solids too. In metalworking and similar applications, it removes more than 99% of tramp oils from coolants.
The CVF incorporates a molded fiberglass construction. Internally reinforced, the structure withstands severe soil and hydraulic loadings.
The entire exterior surface is covered with corrosion-resistant gelcoat, integrally-colored and ultra-violet resistant. Since the envelope and fittings are corrosion-resistant, the separator can be installed in many hostile environments. No sacrificial protection required.
• More efficient separation
• Flow rates: 5-2,200 GPM (18-8,325 L/min)
• Low heat transfer, less than 1.0 U factor
• Corrosion- resistant FRP construction
• Pre-engineered, prepackaged, ready to install
• Self contained, no power source required Built-in oil storage (optional)
• Airports and aircraft services
• Transportation and equipment wash pads
• Electric utilities and power plants
• Environmental remediation
• Military and government facilities
• Petroleum marketing facilities
• Railroad yards
• Petroleum and other fueling facilities
• Oil storage areas
• Treatment of industrial process waste water
• Bilge water accumulated in ships
- Freeze protection package (Immersion heater)
- Flanged immersion heater(s), which can be bolted directly to the tank. The heating system is thermostatically controlled. Weather and explosion proof enclosures are available for the various controls.
- Product pump-out systems
- Automate the transfer of product from the built-in reservoir of an oil/water separator to either an integral or separate storage facility. System consists of at least one pump with motor, a level switch and control panel.
- Sludge pump-out systems
- A sludge pump-out system consists of a diaphragm pump, an enclosed control panel, wiring, and plumbing to the point of sludge origination. The pump used in these sludge handling systems is a self-priming diaphragm type. It pumps almost anything that passes through the suction line: sludge, mud, sand, and machining chips.
- Effluent pump-out systems
- Provide automated discharge of water from the outlet chamber of a separator. The transfer may be to a sewer system, waterway, drainage ditch or storage. Pump-out will be necessary when positioning of the separator in the installation will not permit gravity discharge of the effluent.
- Influent pump systems
- Pump system offering laminar flow to separator unit without causing mechanical emulsification
- Height extension
- Available for flush and below grade units
- Internal and/or external oil storage
- Special resins for fiberglass construction
- FRP/CPVC piping
- Water/Oil level switch
- Can be connected to visual/audio alarms or computer controls for overflow warning and prevention
- Full array of Nema enclosures
- IDEC/Allen Bradley control system