Fluid Disinfection and Sterilization System
RGF has developed a specialized fluid disinfection and sterilization treatment system for food processors to protect their fluids from waterborne contamination. The systems are ideal for needle injection, as well as chiller cabinets.
The unique design of this CIP system incorporates precision machining of all food grade stainless steel parts to optimize fluid flow characteristics, in addition to ultraviolet light transmittance into the fluid space. Unique polymer sleeves ensure containment should any glass breakage occur. The reactor design allows for continuous operation at pressures as high as 50 PSI while providing the smallest possible footprint. Standard flow rates of 20, 60 and 200gpm are available.
|Model #||Electrical||Flow rate||UV Range||Weight|
|FLUV-20 (Low Volume Unit)||115-230 VAC, 60Hz, 1 phase, 6A||20 GPM (per unit)||185-400 nM||45 lbs (dry)|
|FLUV-60 (Medium Volume Unit)||115-230 VAC, 60 Hz, 1 phase, 12A||60 GPM (per unit)||185-400 nM||90 lbs. (dry)|
|FLUV-200 (High Volume Unit)||115-230 VAC, 60hz, 1 phase, 30A||200 GPM (per unit)||185-400 nM||375 lbs (dry)|
- Features & Benefits
- Technical Specs
A single pass through this unit results in a UV exposure in excess of 40,000 microwatt-sec/cm2. The entire outer shell assembly of the unit can be removed in minutes by simply removing the Tri- Clover style clamp. With the outer shell removed, the interior of the unit is accessible for visual inspection. This simple design facilitates routine inspections to ensure proper CIP procedures are being followed in critical operating environments.
This system is easily incorporated into existing loops with the unit inlet and outlet connections being located on the outer tube assembly.
All systems come standard with:
• Stainless steel construction using industry standard Tri-Clover sanitary fittings
• Optical display panels for lamp status
• An electronic leak detector with alarm contact and visual indicator light
• Pump interlock
• FDA approved high-impact polymer, which encase the emitters to prevent breakage and fluid contamination
• Non-polar surface properties greatly inhibits fouling, reducing system maintenance
• Stainless steel electrical enclosures and factory-installed flexible interconnects.
• Continuously inactivates/kills microbes in fluid during processing
• UV does not affect pH, color, flavor or aroma.
• Leaves no residue
• No detrimental effects on food stability
• Extremely cost effective
• CIP compatible
• Visual inspection of all internals accomplished in minutes
• Multiple unit configurations available for higher flow streams; ideal for large processors
• Small unit foot print with remote electronic enclosure to optimize production space
• Brines, marinades and water
|Model #||Model FLUV-20 (Low Volume Unit)||Model FLUV-60 (Medium Volume Unit)||Model FLUV-200 (High Volume Unit)|
|ELECTRICAL||115-230 VAC, 60Hz, 1 phase, 6A||115-230 VAC, 60 Hz, 1 phase, 12A||115-230 VAC, 60hz, 1 phase, 30A|
|FLOW RATE||20 GPM (per unit)||60 GPM (per unit)||200 GPM (per unit)|
|MAX OPERATING PRESSURE||50 psi||50 psi||50 psi|
|EMITTER(S)||5 – Low Pressure||14 – low pressure||32 – Low Pressure|
|UV RANGE||185-400 nM||185-400 nM||185-400 nM|
|OVERALL DIMENSIONS||41” Lx 7” overall diameter||41”L x 9” overall diameter||58” L x 10” overall diameter|
|WEIGHT||45 lbs (dry)||90 lbs. (dry)||375 lbs (dry)|
|CONNECTIONS||1.5” Sanitary (Tri clover style)||2” Sanitary(Tri clover style)||3” Sanitary (Tri clover style)|
|*Higher flow rates available|