VTC – Fiberglass – Dual / Single Wall
Rectangular above, below and flush with grade vertical tube coalescing separators are used to separate and collect unwanted hydrocarbons from storm or process water. The VTC has a large internal storage with a simple and efficient rotary pipe skimmer to draw off separated oil for collection, and to ensure effluent discharge within compliance. Flow rates from 5 to 2,400 gpm in a single unit. VTC tanks are available in corrosion resistant fiberglass, stainless steel and carbon steel construction.
- Features & Benefits
- Technical Specs
- Rental / Demo Units
The VTC removes hydrocarbons and settleable solids from industrial wastewater, process water, storm water and coolant. In operation, this separator accepts industrial liquid waste in the inlet chamber where settleable solids fall to the bottom as sludge for periodic removal.
The waste stream then enters the coalescing separation chamber where AFL’s Delta-Tubes inspire laminar flow characteristics to the liquid as it passes through the separator. The result is a liquid more responsive to gravity separation.
The Delta-Tubes also provide a coalescing medium for oil globules. Oleophilic in nature, they attract small oil globules, which coalesce with other globules, increasing in size and buoyancy, then break away to rise through the tubes to the top. Surface oil drains by gravity into a Rotary Pipe Skimmer for discharge and/or collection.
The VTC Series oil water separator reliably and efficiently enables:
1) Removal of oil globules down to 20-micron in size
2) Reduction of oil content to 10mg/ltr or 10ppm
AFL’s VTC removes even mechanically emulsified oil leaving no visible sheen or suspended solids. In metalworking and similar applications, the VTC removes more than 99% of tramp oils from coolants.
VTC models above 100 GPM incorporate a dual-wall, molded fiberglass construction as standard. Internally reinforced, the structure offers superior life expectancy and withstands heavy soil and hydraulic loadings when installed below ground. Stainless steel and epoxy coated carbon steel construction is offered as standard on smaller VTC models from 5 GPM to 50 GPM, and is also available as an alternative on larger VTC models where the requirement exists.
The entire exterior surface of our fiberglass tanks is covered with corrosion-resistant gelcoat, integrally-colored and ultraviolet resistant. Since the fiberglass tank and PVC fittings are corrosion-resistant, the separator can be installed in harsh environments with no sacrificial protection required.
Click on the Options tab above for a variety of equipment and construction options to meet your exact needs.
• Enhanced oil separation rates
• Flow rates: 5 to 2,400 GPM (in a single tank)
• Pre-engineered, prepackaged, ready to install
• Self-contained, no power source required for gravity units
• Fully automated packages (optional)
• Built-in oil storage (optional)
• Low heat transfer, less than 1.0 U factor
• Corrosion-resistant construction
• Airports and aircraft services
• Transportation and equipment wash pads
• Electric utilities and power plants
• Environmental remediation
• Metalworking and finishing
• Military and government facilities
• Petroleum marketing facilities
• Railroad yards
• Petroleum and other fueling facilities
• Oil storage areas
• Treatment of industrial process wastewater
• Bilge water accumulated in ships
|Model #||Flow Rate||Total Volume Gal.||Operational Weight LBS.||Installation|
|VTC-100||100 GPM||Call for Details||Call for Details||Above/Below/Flush|
|VTC-600||600 GPM||Call for Details||39,600||Above/Below/Flush|
|VTC-800||800 GPM||Call for Details||52,000||Above/Below/Flush|
|VTC-1000||1000 GPM||Call for Details||69,200||Above/Below/Flush|
|VTC-1200||1200 GPM||Call for Details||79,200||Above/Below/Flush|
|VTC-1600||1600 GPM||Call for Details||104,000||Above/Below/Flush|
|VTC-2000||2000 GPM||Call for Details||138,400||Above/Below/Flush|
|VTC-2200||2200 GPM||Call for Details||152,000||Above/Below/Flush|
- Freeze protection package (Immersion heater)
- Flanged immersion heater(s), which can be bolted directly to the tank. The heating system is thermostatically controlled. Weather and explosion proof enclosures are available for the various controls.
- Product pump-out systems
- Automate the transfer of product from the built-in reservoir of an oil/water separator to either an integral or separate storage facility. System consists of at least one pump with motor, a level switch and control panel.
- Sludge pump-out systems
- A sludge ump-out system consists of a diaphragm pump, an enclosed control panel, wiring, and plumbing to the point of sludge origination. The pump used in these sludge handling systems is a self-priming diaphragm type. It pumps almost anything that passes through the suction line: sludge, mud, sand, and machining chips.
- Effluent pump-out systems
- Provide automated discharge of water from the outlet chamber of a separator. The transfer may be to a sewer system, waterway, drainage ditch or storage. Pump-out will be necessary when positioning of the separator in the installation will not permit gravity discharge of the effluent.
- Influent pump systems
- Pump system offering laminar flow to separator unit without causing mechanical emulsification
- Ladders and hand rails (On models VTC-50 and up)
- Height extension
- Available for flush and below grade units
- Internal and/or external oil storage
- AFL Oil Stop Valve installed (On models VTC-50 and up)
- Stainless steel construction
- Special resins for fiberglass construction
- FRP, CPVC or Stainless Steel piping
- Water/Oil level switch
- Can be connected to visual/audio alarms or computer controls for overflow warning and prevention
- Full array of Nema enclosures
- IDEC/Allen Bradley control system
- Polishing Filter Vessels
AFL is happy to bring you a quick and easy solution to any upcoming projects requiring an oil water separator. For any projects which require immediate attention, AFL has a fleet of rental/demo units that are available to ship to your desired location. These units are often utilized for temporary needs such as new construction runoff, maintenance or refurbishing of existing units, or as an addition to an existing project. Please contact us for more information on rental/demo units.