AFL’s Vertical Tube Coalescing Separator (CVF)
• Removes free oils and mechanically emulsified oils
• Removes settleable solids
Cylindrical above and flush with grade separators are used when large volume oil storage is not required. A rotary pipe skimmer is used to constantly or periodically draw off separated oil for removal. CVF Series separators can also be configured to hold up to 100 gallons of internal oil storage. Flow rates from 5-100 gpm.
- Features & Benefits
- Technical Specs
AFL’s CVF SERIES oil water separator removes hydrocarbons and settleable solids from industrial wastewater, storm water, process water and coolant.
The CVF separator accepts industrial liquid waste in the inlet chamber where solids are settled to the bottom as sludge for periodic removal. The waste stream then enters the coalescing separation chamber where AFL’s Delta-Tubes inspire laminar flow characteristics to the liquid as it passes through the separator. The result is a liquid more responsive to gravity separation.
The Delta-Tubes also provide a coalescing medium for oil globules. Oleophilic in nature, they attract small oil globules, which coalesce with other globules, increasing in size and buoyancy, then break away to rise through the tubes to the top. Surface oil drains by gravity into a rotary pipe skimmer for discharge and/or collection. .
The CVF SERIES oil water separator reliably and efficiently enables:
1. Removal of oil globules down to 20-micron size
2. Reducuction of oil content to 10mg/ltr (10ppm)
AFL’s CVF even removes mechanically emulsified oil leaving no visible sheen or suspended solids. In metalworking and similar applications, the CVF removes more than 99% of tramp oils from coolants.
The CVF incorporates a molded fiberglass construction. Internally reinforced, the structure withstands heavy soil and hydraulic loadings when installed below ground.
The entire exterior surface is covered with corrosion-resistant gelcoat, integrally-colored and ultraviolet resistant. Since the fiberglass tank and PVC fittings are corrosion-resistant, the separator can be installed in harsh environments with no sacrificial protection required.
• Enhanced oil separation rates
• Flow rates: 5-100 GPM
• Pre-engineered, prepackaged, ready to install
• Self-contained, no power source required
• Built-in oil storage (optional)
• Low heat transfer, less than 1.0 U factor
• Corrosion- resistant Fiberglass construction
• Airports and aircraft services
• Transportation and equipment wash pads
• Electric utilities and power plants
• Environmental remediation
• Metalworking and finishing
• Military and government facilities
• Petroleum marketing facilities
• Railroad yards
• Petroleum and other fueling facilities
• Oil storage areas
• Treatment of industrial process wastewater
• Bilge water accumulated in ships
|Model #||Flow Rate||Total Volume GAL.||Operational Weight LBS||Installation|
- Freeze protection package (Immersion heater)
- Flanged immersion heater(s), which can be bolted directly to the tank. The heating system is thermostatically controlled. Weather and explosion proof enclosures are available for the various controls.
- Product pump-out systems
- Automate the transfer of product from the built-in reservoir of an oil/water separator to either an integral or separate storage facility. System consists of at least one pump with motor, a level switch and control panel.
- Sludge pump-out systems
- A sludge pump-out system consists of a diaphragm pump, an enclosed control panel, wiring, and plumbing to the point of sludge origination. The pump used in these sludge handling systems is a self-priming diaphragm type. It pumps almost anything that passes through the suction line: sludge, mud, sand, and machining chips.
- Effluent pump-out systems
- Provide automated discharge of water from the outlet chamber of a separator. The transfer may be to a sewer system, waterway, drainage ditch or storage. Pump-out will be necessary when positioning of the separator in the installation will not permit gravity discharge of the effluent.
- Influent pump systems
- Pump system offering laminar flow to separator unit without causing mechanical emulsification
- Height extension
- Available for flush and below grade units
- Internal and/or external oil storage
- Special resins for fiberglass construction
- FRP/CPVC piping
- Water/Oil level switch
- Can be connected to visual/audio alarms or computer controls for overflow warning and prevention
- Full array of Nema enclosures
- IDEC/Allen Bradley control system