EGS – Fiberglass/Steel – Heavy Solids and Oils
The EGS separates heavy solids and oil from industrial wastewater and storm water using traditional gravity separation. Heavy settleable solids drop out of oily wastewater in the inlet chamber. In the separating chamber, the oil rises and lighter settleable solids fall. Free oils floating in the separating chamber are collected by a rotary pipe skimmer for collection and disposal. A sheen baffle retains residual floating oil as the treated effluent discharges through the outlet. Flow rates of 100 gpm to 700 gpm are handled in a single tank.
- Features & Benefits
- Technical Specs
The EGS using gravity separation to remove heavy solids and hydrocarbons from industrial wastewater, process water and storm water. In operation, this separator accepts industrial liquid waste in the inlet chamber where settleable solids fall to the bottom as sludge for periodic removal.
AFL oil and solids separators are designed in accordance with American Petroleum Institute (API) criteria for liquid waste. The EGS is a pre-packaged, ready-to-install separation tank constructed of either fiberglass, stainless steel or carbon steel. AFL’s dual-wall fiberglass tank offers the greatest durability and life expectancy with foam core, 100% composite once-piece molded construction.
The EGS Series oil water separator reliably and efficiently enables:
1) Removal of oil globules down to 100 micron in size
2) Reduction of oil content to 10mg/ltr or 10ppm
AFL’s EGS offers a robust, reliable oil and solids separation system with an operational life in excess of 40 years.
• Flow rates up to 700 GPM
• Above, Below, Flush to Grade
• Robust Gravity Separation
• No Moving Parts
• Corrosion Resistant Construction
• Low Maintenance
• Exceeds API Design Criteria
• Complete Range of Options
• Airports and aircraft services
• Transportation and equipment wash pads
• Electric utilities and power plants
• Environmental remediation
• Metalworking and finishing
• Military and government facilities
• Petroleum marketing facilities
• Railroad yards
• Petroleum and other fueling facilities
• Oil storage areas
• Treatment of industrial process wastewater
• Bilge water accumulated in ships
|Model #||Flow Rate||Total Volume Gal.||Dimensions||Installation|
|EGS-100||100 GPM||2,610||19′ x 7′ x 5.6′ H||Above/Below/Flush|
|EGS-150||150 GPM||3,591||26′ x 7′ x 5.6′ H||Above/Below/Flush|
|EGS-200||200 GPM||4,656||33.5′ x 7′ x 5.6′ H||Above/Below/Flush|
|EGS-300||300 GPM||6,993||49.8′ x 7′ x 5.6′ H||Above/Below/Flush|
|EGS-400||400 GPM||9,345||49.8′ x 8′ x 5.8′ H||Above/Below/Flush|
|EGS-500||500 GPM||11,516||62.8′ x 8′ x 5.8′ H||Above/Below/Flush|
|EGS-600||600 GPM||14,279||60.2′ x 10′ x 5.8′ H||Above/Below/Flush|
|EGS-700||700 GPM||16,173||69′ x 10′ x 5.8′ H||Above/Below/Flush|
- Freeze protection package (Immersion heater)
- Flanged immersion heater(s), which can be bolted directly to the tank. The heating system is thermostatically controlled. Weather and explosion proof enclosures are available for the various controls.
- Product pump-out systems
- Automate the transfer of product from the built-in reservoir of an oil/water separator to either an integral or separate storage facility. System consists of at least one pump with motor, a level switch and control panel.
- Sludge pump-out systems
- A sludge ump-out system consists of a diaphragm pump, an enclosed control panel, wiring, and plumbing to the point of sludge origination. The pump used in these sludge handling systems is a self-priming diaphragm type. It pumps almost anything that passes through the suction line: sludge, mud, sand, and machining chips.
- Effluent pump-out systems
- Provide automated discharge of water from the outlet chamber of a separator. The transfer may be to a sewer system, waterway, drainage ditch or storage. Pump-out will be necessary when positioning of the separator in the installation will not permit gravity discharge of the effluent.
- Influent pump systems
- Pump system offering laminar flow to separator unit without causing mechanical emulsification
- Ladders and hand rails (On models VTC-50 and up)
- Height extension
- Available for flush and below grade units
- Internal and/or external oil storage
- AFL Oil Stop Valve installed (On models VTC-50 and up)
- Stainless steel construction
- Special resins for fiberglass construction
- FRP, CPVC or Stainless Steel piping
- Water/Oil level switch
- Can be connected to visual/audio alarms or computer controls for overflow warning and prevention
- Full array of Nema enclosures
- IDEC/Allen Bradley control system
- Polishing Filter Vessels